.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Self-Assessment Essay Example for Free

Self-Assessment EssayThis document contains the template you will make use of to complete this assignment. Save the file by adding your last name to the filename (e.g. Week2_Self_Assessment_Template_Smith.docx). Be sure to proofread and spell check your work before you submit it. A grading deed is also available at the end of this document. There are FOUR fictional characters to the Self-Assessment.Part 1 Reflect on your wills from the self-assessment exercises youve d unmatched from the textbook, as well as others you might feature done in the past, and complete the table below. Review current or past dutys to identify your transferable skills. Develop an line of your most marketable course-related skills (minimum 15), instances where you swallow demonstrated these skills (minimum three), and the core value you want your work to reflect (minimum five). arrest into consideration the traits employers are seeking, including technical foul and transferable skills and gen eral abilities. (30 POINTS)SELF-ASSESSMENT EXERCISES MY RESULTSI completed the following assessments/inventories as part of my self-assessment activities1.Marketing Readiness Quiz2.Self-Awareness Checklist3.Ability Assessment4.Personality Check5.Transferable Skills Checklist6.Work Environment and PreferencesMy most marketable travel-related skills are . . . (minimum 15) (Remember to include technical and transferable skills on this list)1.Microsoft Word proficiency2.Social Skills3.Organization4.Ability to delegate5. Microsoft Excel proficiency6.Ability to lead and trip peers7.Responsibility8.Hard working nature and perseverance9.Technical abilities10.Fast ability to learn11.Ability to handle high stress situation12.Timeliness13.Efficiency at completing task at hand14.Neatness15.Ability to interact prescribedly with many peopleExamples of instances where I have demonstrated these skills include . . . (minimum 3)1.past jobs involving computer skills2.past jobs involving social int eractions3.past jobs in which I have had leadership responsibilitiesCore values I want my work to reflect are . . . (minimum 5)1.Honesty2.Integrity3.Reliability4.Dependability5.TrustworthinessPart 2 Describe your ideal job. (20 POINTS)MY paragon JOBIn my ideal job, I would be . . . (state what you see yourself doing as part of your ideal job) In a position in which I hold a leadership position so I could use my skills in a positive way to lead and manage other employees to motivate them to uncover the best work possible. I am not particular concerned about the specific effort in which I would be working, as long as I have the ability to use all of my technical skills in a productive way. All in all, my ideal job is one in which I feel productive and making a positive difference on the giving medication because I want my skills and talents to be put to a productive use. Part 3 Identify your one-, two-, and five-year career goals, create a list of possible employers of choice in y our career field (minimum 3), possible job titles for your one-, two-, and five-year goals (one for each goal), and current salary ranges for those jobtitles. (30 POINTS) CAREER GOALSCareer GoalsPotential Employers (minimum 3)Possible Job Titles (minimum 3) current Salary Ranges (for each job title)My one-year career goal is . . . (state your goal here)1. Cameron2. Hewlett-Packard3. HCL Technologies1.Network Engineer2.Network Technician3.Network Administrator1.$48-70k2.$40-55k3.$42-66kMy biyearly career goal is . . . (state your goal here)1. Exelon Corporation2. Rockwell Automation3. Marathon Oil1.Network Analyst2.Electronics Technician3.Production Engineer1.$40-90k2.$31-53k3.$48-71kMy five-year career goal is . . . (state your goal here)1.FMC Technologies2.Emerson3.G.E1. Electrical Engineer2. Senior Engineering Technician3. Controls Engineer1.$51-100k2.$47-83k3.$76-123kPart 4 leave a summary of what you have learned about yourself and the characteristics of your dream job as a t akings of the reflection and research you have done as part of this assignment (minimum 100 words). (20 POINTS)MY LEARNINGSI have learned a great deal about myself and the characteristics of my dream job as a result of the reflection and research that I have done as part of this assignment. I have cognize that the most important thing to me is the ability to make difference in whatever field I choose to engage. I used to think that I had an interest in a particular industry, alone I have realized that my ability to adapt to new situations would make me a viable employee in numerous fields. Therefore, my dream job is not very specific but can be in a variety fields, as long as I can have a positive impact on my employees and the organization.Grading Rubric Self-AssessmentComponentPointsPart 1 yield full cite if all regions meet minimum requirements. cipher up to 20 points depending on how incomplete the responses are. No points awarded if the section is not completed. Deduct up to 5 points for spell out and grammatical errors.30Part 2 Award full credit if the ideal job is described sufficiently. Deduct up to 10 points for incomplete responses. No points awarded if the section is not completed. Deduct up to 5 points for spelling and grammatical errors.20Part 3 Award full credit if all sections meet minimum requirements. Deduct up to 20 points depending on how incomplete the responses are. No pointsawarded if the section is not completed. Deduct up to 5 points for spelling and grammatical errors. 30Part 4 Award full credit if the student has provided a reflective summary of their learnings. Deduct up to 10 points if the response is incomplete. No points awarded if the section is not completed. Deduct up to 5 points for spelling and grammatical errors. 20

No comments:

Post a Comment