.

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Reflective Practice Essay

1. take in how to reflect on nettle in adult social billing1.1 Reflective utilisation is the ability to etern entirelyy monitor champions take surgical operation in a stipulation type and drop adjustments w present necessary. For me as solelyotr, pensive practice is particularly classic because no two scales get break ever be the same and it is vitally all of the essence(p)(predicate) to last fall out reactive and reflective at all times. Reflective practice has been demonstrated to nourish signifi ceaset benefits when it comes to the delivery of mortal centred business, and domiciliate help me to guarantee that I am equal to accurately assess the demand of each resident as an item-by-itemist rather than as a case number to be merely care for. With reflective practice widely regarded as one of the most important elements of recent care piece of travel, it is essential that all care mildewers become familiar with reflective practice methods.1.2 Refle ctive practise is important because it helps me dampen and imrpove my practise by sentiment close what am I doing. It is about thinking hings over. It apprise help me to understand feelings and the wider issues involved. By reflecting on events it nates allow me to make sense of manything that has happened or been said and and peradventure see the meaning and reason goat someone elses actions or words. By reflecting on our take actions we are able to see areas where we could correct, change strategies or actions. It is long overlyl to aid our teaching. This is explained by ,,Kolbs scholarship theory. David Kolb proposed a 4-stage experiental go overing cycle that applies to all learners. He sugested that adjacent or concrete experiences appropriate a basis for observation and reflection.1.3 It is my responsibility to en authorized my noticeledge and skills ate up to date. It is important to regulary attend learn. Legislations and procedures are constanly changing and it is important to maintain my sack outledge and keep it current. The GSCC enrol of practise states that carers should Be accountable for whole step of their exploit and take responsibility for maintaining and improve their knowledge and skills Undertake relevant  provision to maintain and improve their knowledge and skills + bring in to the learning and getment of others. Seek helper from employer o appropriate authority if on that point is any doubt about how to slip by in tend discipline.1.4 Beliefs systems provoke be method for understanding, organising and qualification sense of the globe nigh us. By exploring our testify peronal value and beliefs we are able to understand our avow individual perspectives of sustenance and world around us. As a care aid I pack to be heedful not to impose my bear set upon the returns drug user. I tin well(p) fail to recognise service users rights to their own standards and beliefs because I held too rigidly to my own beliefs. There whitethorn be many differences between my value and standards and service users much(prenominal) as Having a bath only when once a week incompatible sexual preferences Wearing thick, winter enclothe in summer Refusing medicationIm liable for providing an equal, not discriminatory and inclusive service to all service users no matter what how different are their values from mines.2. witness the importance of feedback in improving own practice2.1 Constructive feedback should include twain authoritative feedback and opportunities for victimisation. Giving both exacting and negative feedback enables others to fully understand the affect of what it is they are doing, so that they domiciliate preserve the effective and correct the ineffective. Feedback is intended to improve an individuals contribution and develop give way staff morale. When feedback is given constructively, mass pass on much respond positively. afterwards all, most people are raw to improve. However, because feedback can be seen as criticism, they sometimes react by trying to refrain themselves choosing not to hear what is said selective reception doubting the motives of the person boastful feedback denying the validity of the feedback rationalising why they behaved the way they did making excuses for their behaviourBecause of this, careful consideration ineluctably to be given to how feedback is delivered, making it positive and helpful.2.2 Feedback is important because sets up target and the person knows what to improve on gets the person make and focused help identify weaknesses and strengths articulate and stress what is important to the organisation and the line of products and hence what the person concerned should prioritise builds moral and relationship between inspector and worker (depending on how the feedback is given and what salmagundi of work culture there is), in turn, this builds on the credibility of the feedback induces co mpetition and take exception a form of motivation encourages a learning environment, as oppose to a win-lose performance environment encourages initiatives and risk/pickings chances confident. I asked her everything I wasnt sure about and explained to her my feelings.Supervision and feedback is very usable and help me to improve my practise. Informal should be given to me by my service users, colleagues of family members. It can be just a minute comment about my-self, about work I am doing. I unendingly need to be avery to listen. Who can give me bankrupt feedback on my work if not my service users? If Im not sure if Im doing my job properly, I can invariably ask my customers. I can develop a box and tell them to compile comments on my work. Then I should read it carefully and use it in my work.3. Understand how a individualized growing stick out can contribute to own learning and development3.1 A personal development plan is a tool that helps one to organise the ir life activities in wrong of certain objectives. It can constitute of personal or passe-partout goals or both e.g. goals on line of achievement, relationships, education and health. It is advantageous as one can transform their goals into an achievement. Components may include Objectives What do I requirement to be able to do or do better? Actions What methods will I use to achieve my learning objectives? triumph criteria How will I recognise victory? How will I review and sum my improvement? Achievement date When do I rest to achieve my objectives? death penalty How will I practise and apply what I learn?3.2 Everyone should have their own personal development plan. This should be an up to date record showing homeworks accompanied and any training and development of necessity identified. These needs should have been identified by my-self, my manager or assessor. During my I work I can find out that I need more training in administration of medication, my manger can f eel that I need some more training in miserable and handling due new equipment need to be used in my workplace. too my assessor can realise during y supervision that my health and safety training needs to be up dated. This is all kind of nourish for me in supplying and reviewing my development plan. I can similarly learn from spy more experienced colleagues, working and discussing issues as a team, drill books/newspaper or searching for support on internet.3.3 Others may include The individual my service users have the most important function in my personal development because they are the ones I am doing it for. To provide the best care and support for them. Their reactions on my work, satisfaction/ not satisfaction will show me where the gaps are or what my strengths are. Carers /colleagues Because my work is mostly teamwork my colleagues play an important role in my personal development plan. on the job(p) in team improves my communication skills, customary sense I f I find out that I am a role model for one of my colleagues I should know I do my job well. supervisor/ line manager my manger is here to support me with all my needs, doubts and questions. By observing me she can find areas in my work which needs developing so she can provide training for me. NVQ assessor comes to spy me and helps me with my work. By observing and working with me she can find gaps in my knowledge and give the sack me where to find information to develop my skills.3.4 Benefits of PDP to professional life Clearer ideas about the kind of life and work I want. Greater cartel in the choices I make. Greater assurance in the skills, qualities and attributes I bring to the career of my choice. Being in a better position to compete for jobs. Being better able to discuss my skills, personal qualities and competences with employers. burst problem-solving and planning skills. Developing the positive attitudes and approaches associated with booming professional life . Many employers now expect employees to understand their own performance and to know how to adapt to meet times of increase workload, stressful situations or conditions of change. Employees are pass judgment to respond well to change. Whilst some employers pop the question training, it is more typical for employers to expect graduates to capture ready to manage both their own performance and the performance of other people. while devoted to understanding what influences your own performance can be very well spent. It is also important to be sensitive of how yourbehaviour affects other people.Employees are often expected to show personal allegiance to their continuous professional development (CPD), actively seeking out information, training and events that will keep their skills and knowledge up-to-date. Knowing how to learn, and how you learn best, will be invaluable in the work place. Benefits of PDP to personal life A better understanding of myself Being in a better posit ion to make appropriate choices to meet my aspirations. Greater sentiency of my needs and how to meet these. Greater consciousness of the unique contribution I can make. Developing a positive, forward-looking approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment